Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinterest Project {numero two}

Since the beginning of this year I have become a muy big fan of Pinterest. It pretty much planned my wedding for me. I found my cake, flowers, centerpieces, everything on Pinterest, and then made everything myself. Way to go me for saving a crap ton of money :) Pinterest has also become my loyal companion during reallllly boring classes. This last Christmas I wanted to make something inexpensive for my roomies, because I love them so, and decided to take on a Pinterest project: Chicken Wire Bulletin Boards. Like this...
I would say they were a success, and I had a lot of fun searching through all of the Goodwills and D.I.'s for old, cheap, yet cool looking frames. This morning, on a total whim, I decided to attempt another project: The Paint-Chip Dry Erase Board
Now this person obviously put a lot more effort into theirs because the squares line up perfectly and the frame has been antiqued, but I do not have the luxury of time, so I did mine in about 30 minutes, with the help of my husband's mom, Olivia. Even though my squares are a wee bit crooked and the frame I found at good will is pretty boring, it suits its function and I am pleased with the outcome :)



I have strategically placed it right next to the fridge with that hope that my husband will at least glance at it. He is always asking, "What time do you work today?" or "Do we have plans tomorrow?" and for awhile I was using a planner that we can both see on our phones but that only lasted a few months and now neither of us uses it really. SO this is my second attempt at informing my husband on current and future events that involve him. 

Now to decide what my next project will be....


orrrrrrr


....The possibilities are endless, and the amount of free space, whether it be floor or wall, in our itty bitty living space, is certainly about to end. Thus exists the need to chooooooose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment