Friday, June 22, 2012

2 months

So, I have definitely neglected the blog, BUT I totally have an excuse. The last two weeks I have been working two jobs, one during the day and one at night, in addition to my two summer school classes and volunteering in the temple. Thank goodness I am back to just one job for the next two weeks.

A lot has happened this last month, including our weekend in Vegas touring Abraham's mission for his birthday, but I think I'll cover that in a separate post.

Yesterday we hit or two month mark as two old married fogeys and it just keeps getting better. Lessons learned after two months:
1. My husband can be entertained for hours with videos of people crashing, falling, becoming injured, etc. on YouTube. He laughs hysterically while I watch on for about ten minutes because I just don't get what is so funny.

2. Bribery is the only way to get him to clean the house on days when I an just too exhausted from work.

3. Family home evening isn't just for families that include children. My husband prepared a great lesson this Monday and the spirit was felt in our home in such a powerful way that I was brought to tears. For a small moment I wasn't thinking about homework, bills, laundry, the lack of air conditioning in my car, or dirty dishes. For a small moment Abraham and I could simply relax and enjoy a sweet feeling of peace, knowing that our Heavenly Father loves us and guides us. For a small moment I was able to remember that my afflictions "shall be but a small moment".

4. One of the greatest feelings is waking up early before we leave for work to just be in each other's arms, not needing to say anything at all.

I love my life. It is no where near easy, nor perfect, but it is shared with a man who has been prepared since before birth to be my eternal companion.

Oh wedded bliss :)
Madison

2 comments:

  1. Amen to wedded bliss. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so happy you blogged again :) I loved hearing all of this. Even though you're busy, it sounds like things are good and that you're happy. And that makes me happy. Marriage is the best!

    ReplyDelete