Thursday, May 24, 2012

Feliz Mes


Who knew this day would come so fast!
Abraham and I have now been married for an entire month!
Even though it snuck up on us we felt that we have been married much longer with all of the things we have learned since we said "Sí". I wanted to be a good little wife so after I got home from work I picked up this little beauty from Frys and hid it in the back of the fridge. (It says "Feliz Mes" which translates to "Happy Month" and is entirely incorrect grammatically speaking. Do I care that it doesn't actually make sense? No. Did my husband laugh at it? Yes. Was it delicious? Yes, and has been delicious every morning that I have eaten it for breakfast since Monday.)

As soon as the hubby got home he got himself cleaned up and took me out to dinner. I drove, but he told me how to get where we were going. We ended up at a the Lonestar Steakhouse off of Camelback and the 51, but Abraham was very disappointed because he thought it was a Texas Roadhouse and wanted to surprise me with a little flashback of my missionary service in Texas. I love him. I told  him it was okay because Texas is the Lonestar state and it will be basically the same thing, and he accepted that with a not so happy look on his face. Dinner was delicious, regardless of the fact that it wasn't where he had planned to take me.
Once we got home he got comfortable on the couch and put in our Red Box movie, while I prepared the surprise "Happy Month" cake. I lit the candle and told him to come into the kitchen and yelled SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To which he responded, "Madison, what the heck is that?" Haha. After a good laugh we tried several times to blow the candle out together, but had to keep re-lighting it and blowing it out again because one of us always had to be a stinker and blow it out at the count of 2 instead of 3. 

This month has been crazy. It has been quite the adjustment for both of us, and has been a roller coaster ride of moments when I can't help but cry because I am so happy and ones where I just want to knock him out. Haha, not really, I am not a violent person, and Abraham hasn't done anything that deserves domestic violence. But, we have learned a TON together. Such as:

1. What burnt plastic smells like. AND that no one is perfect in the kitchen. Including my husband who looks like ratatouille whenever he cooks. The following tupperware meets stovetop incident was NOT me, surprisingly, and was a good reminder that everyone makes mistakes and sometimes we just need to laugh about it...and then hang it on your kitchen wall for everyone to see ;)
2. Abraham does NOT like to be hot. I mean temperature hot, of course he acknowledges and loves the fact that he is muy caliente ;) But, he does not like to be hot, ever. He does not use a blanket or sheets when he sleeps and like the fan on high. He takes cold showers. He gets a smidge frustrated when the AC goes out in my car and we end up drenched in sweat. And finally, he does not understand why people like the hot tub. "Madison, you want me to go in there?! It's freakin' hot!" Yes, and it's always freakin' amazing. He says he is training himself to like hot water in preparation for the hot tub by making his showers just a littttttle bit hotter each time. Haha, isn't he sweet? That's what I call love. 

3. When I was single I could easily do laundry once a week. That does not fly anymore. I feel like every time I look at the dirty clothes hamper it is overflowing, even though I JUST did laundry like an hour ago. How does this happen? I don't understand. But, I feel like I am constantly doing laundry. 

4. Being married suddenly makes you fall asleep during movies and have to be in bed by 10:00 PM. When we were engaged we would stay up as late as possible just so we wouldn't have to say goodbye, which usually was around midnight or one in the morning. Now that we are married we are usually asleep by 11:00 and if we aren't we are sleeping somewhere else, such as our couch, my mom's couch, his mom's couch, the floor, etc. Twice now we have fallen asleep on my mom's couch after dinner and haven't woken up for hours.

5. I never fell in love with my husband. I started falling in love with him the day I met him and keep falling for him a little bit more each day. Some days I look at him and cannot believe that I married someone so perfect for me that I was sure that he couldn't possibly exist. 

Oh wedded bliss :)

Madison



2 comments:

  1. Cute post.

    On your list of things learned:
    1. Corey did that when we had been married about four years--he put a plastic lid on the stove and apartment smelled horrible for days.
    2. Corey doesn't like to be hot either and I don't like to be cold. You'd think this would make for an excellent match, but it doesn't.
    3. You think laundry is bad with two, wait until you add kids to the mix. Little secret on the laundry--keep it manageable by picking 1-2 days a week that you ALWAYS do it and then get it ALL done that day (folded AND put away). I have been doing this for years and it works very well.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still stay up late every night! hahaha. Oh dear. I'm sure that means you guys are more mature than us, or something. And I love what you said about still falling in love with him. Perfect :)

    P.S. Love that cake haha!

    ReplyDelete